An introduction to investment banking online course
This course reviews the basic structure of an investment bank.
It focuses on the basic activities of the different functional areas including sales and trading, corporate finance, compliance etc.
Price: £35 + VAT
BPP are currently in the process of moving to a new online system and therefore we ask in the interim that you email BPP (using the booking button above) to book your online course.
What you will gain
A review of the basic structure of an investment bank and an understanding of the basic activities of the different functional areas including sales and trading, corporate finance, compliance etc.
By the end of this course, you will have a greater understanding of:
- the different parts of the investment bank or Investment Banking Division (IBD) and how they interrelated
- what sales and trading does and the role of research
- key terms like Chinese wall, LIBOR, derivatives, leveraged finance, Financial Sponsors Group (FSG), Financial Institutions Group (FIG)
- the capital structure of companies, the split between debt and equity and how leverage increases returns to equity
- what bonds and Eurobond markets are and what the Debt Capital Markets (DCM) do
- what convertible bonds are, as well as asset backed securities such as Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS) and Collateralized Debt Obligations (CDO and CDOs)
- what equities (stocks or shares) are and the work of the Equity Capital Markets (ECM) – in both primary issues (Initial Public Offering or IPO) as a book runner or lead, and in secondary offerings (rights issues)
- what mergers and acquisitions are
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: email@example.com