An introduction to IFRS online course
This course provides a concise introduction to the preparation of financial statements under IFRS Standards.
It considers the sources of IFRS Standards, the presentation of financial statements, and some of the key accounting treatments.
Price: £35 + VAT
BPP are currently in the process of moving to a new online system and therefore we ask in the interim that you email BPP (using the booking button above) to book your online course.
This course covers the fundamentals of the IFRS Standards regime. It first considers the source of the regime, its various elements, and their significance.
It goes on to consider the formats and presentation of the primary financial statements, considering the various choices to be made. The final section of the course then considers the core accounting treatments in many of the most significant areas of the financial statements.
What you will gain
On completion of this course, you will have a greater understanding of how to:
- Determine the impact that the use of IFRS Standards has on financial statements
- Assess the choices available in the preparation of those financial statements
- Prepare financial information in compliance with IFRS standards
- Background to IFRS
- Format and presentation
- Key accounting treatments
- Asset valuation
- Property, plant & equipment
- Intangible assets and goodwill
- Investment properties
- Financial instruments
- Employee benefits
- Provisions and contingencies
- Income taxes
- Foreign currency transactions
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org