Group accounting - fundamentals
Member price: £361 + VAT
Non-member price: £700 + VAT
Online Live, 14 December 2023
This one-day course will refresh your knowledge of group accounting principles under both FRS 102 and IFRS Standards, highlighting differences where they exist. You’ll also gain a practical spreadsheet based methodology for the preparation of consolidated financial statements in groups with a simple structure.
For each element of the course, the underlying principles are considered and the practical spreadsheet approach is illustrated using case studies.
Consider this companion course Group Accounting - Advanced on complex group structures, foreign subsidiaries, group restructurings, associates and joint ventures.
Who should attend
This course is for anyone who requires a refresher in practical group accounting techniques, or whose group accounting knowledge is purely exam based. It will be particularly useful to professionals moving into a group accounting role.
The spreadsheet based consolidation methodology and knowledge you’ll gain from this course will allow you move into an accounting role in a group with a simple structure.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you’ll have a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of group accounting. Detailed coverage will include:
- The requirements for, and aims of, consolidated accounts
- Identification of subsidiaries
- Exclusions and exemptions
- Fundamental principles of consolidation
- The Consolidated Statement of Financial Position
- The spreadsheet-based approach
- Pre and post-acquisition reserves
- Non-controlling interests
- Purchase accounting adjustments (the fair value exercise)
- Elimination of intra-group items
- The Consolidated Statement of Comprehensive Income
- The basic spreadsheet approach
- Intra-group items
- Mid-year acquisitions
- The unified spreadsheet approach
- Differences between FRS 102 and IFRS Standards
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: email@example.com