Corporate finance - introduction
Member price: £1,152 + VAT
Non-member price: £1,355 + VAT
Timing: 9.30am-5.00pm on both days
London, 9 & 10 November 2022
This two-day course is designed to provide an overview of corporate finance and covers the main areas of public equity, private equity, raising debt and mergers and acquisitions.
Who should attend
This course will be of benefit to those who are commencing work in a corporate finance role or wishing to gain an understanding of what is involved in corporate finance work, perhaps because you work in a complementary role.
No previous corporate finance experience is required, but a familiarity with financial statements is assumed.
What you will learn
- What is corporate finance?
- Main activities involved in corporate finance
- Raising Capital
- Sources of capital: debt and equity
- Raising debt: Types of debt
- Raising equity: Types of equity, Initial Public Offerings (IPOs), rights issues, other secondary issues, the private equity market
- Funding options in practice
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Why merge or acquire?
- Business disposals: Rationale, processes
- Public versus private deals
- Structuring an offer: pricing and consideration
- Overview of UK regulatory considerations
- Tactics during a bid: Defence strategies, attack tactics
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org