Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Manager | Dundee
Recruiter: Hutcheon Mearns
Salary: £ 60,000 - £65,000 + bonus, car allowance, pension
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in this role?
About the opportunity
Hutcheon Mearns are delighted to be recruiting for a Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Manager for a global manufacturing business with a strong presence in Dundee. Working within the Europe, Middle East and Africa region finance team, you will join a dynamic business in a fast-paced sector. This is a key senior finance role which will be highly visible and offers progression opportunity for the right candidate.
About the role
Reporting to the FP&A Director, this job role will support the EMEA Region of this manufacturing group, partnering with the senior leadership team. The ideal candidate will have experience in manufacturing with a blend of business partnering, strategic thinking and commercial insight as well as accounting, costing and data analysis skills.
Duties will be varied including:
- Financial analysis to drive business growth and margin expansion.
- Supporting the group planning cycles for full financials including Strategic 3-year plan, Annual Operating Plan, monthly and weekly forecasting for the EMEA region.
- Review and analyse month end results, compare to Budget, Forecast, and previous year.
- Discuss variances and trends with regional site controllers.
- Co-ordinate development and maintenance of consistent reporting tools to build, monitor, report, and communicate operational and financial metrics.
- Scenario planning and modelling as required.
- Continually seek to identify ways to simplify and or automate financial processes and reporting, with particular focus on driving Power BI data opportunities.
- Ensure all systems available are used most effectively by the team.
- Proactively drive improvements in the forecast process.
About the individual
The ideal candidate will be fully qualified CIMA/ACCA/CA with experience in a fast-paced sector with a blend of skills including business partnering, strategic thinking and commercial insight. You will be able to demonstrate:
- A strong decision support & analytical skill set
- Commercial acumen to quickly identify key business drivers and financial impacts
- A track record of driving continuous improvement to processes and business activities
- Strong business partnering skills and an ability to build rapport and influence senior level stakeholders
- Strong IT skills including Excel and exposure to systems such as Oracle
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global company that can offer development and progression and this role forms part of a succession plan. An attractive salary and benefits are on offer including pension, bonus and car allowance. This role is based at the Dundee site, but a hybrid working arrangement is available.
This successful candidate will interact with key stakeholders across the business and will play a very visible and influential role. This is a rare opportunity at this level which offers Dundee as a base and an 0pportunity to take on a wider international remit.
If you think this sounds like the job for you, contact Lynsey Campbell on 07743928692 for a confidential discussion and please apply with your full CV. A full company and job pack is available for further information.
This company is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and recognise the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sex orientation.