Project Accountant | Edinburgh
Recruiter: Hutcheon Mearns
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in this role?
About the opportunity
As Project Accountant, you will join a multinational, multicultural business which has developed pioneering technology which is greatly impacting the global movement to Net Zero.
You will be part of a high calibre finance function led by industry leading experts, who value empowerment, work life balance and staff wellbeing. Moreover, the business encourages and facilitates career progression, both vertically and laterally, and wants to hire ambitious people.
The Project Accountant role will report into the Group Financial Controller and will work collaboratively with both finance and non-finance stakeholders.
You will have responsibility over a range of finance related duties, including:
- Producing Management Information, cash flow forecasts and commentary on results as required and to answer questions from key stakeholders
- Overseeing the monthly reporting for the operational renewable energy assets
- Managing project financing and debt finance compliance requirements
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Preparing statutory accounting in line with IFRS and liaise with the auditors
- Supporting on any technical accounting, consolidation, tax issues, hedging and writing audit papers
- Gaining a good understanding of the investment income of JV companies by reviewing IRR against operational models and Management Accounts
- Supporting system development initiatives for finance team
About the individual
Hutcheon Mearns is keen to speak with Qualified accountants who have 0-3 years post-qualified experience, from the following backgrounds:
- First-time mover, currently working in practice – audit, accounts & business advisory, tax or other
- Second-time movers who has trained in practice and is now looking for the next move in industry
- Industry trained with relevant experience having worked in a similar role
You will be an ambitious individual with a passion for finance and renewables. Moreover, you will have a strong data skill set and experience of working with accounting software.
As Project Accountant, you will have access to the following package:
- £50,000 to £60,000 base salary (depending on experience)
- Performance bonus
- Pension – 10% non-contributory pension
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Others benefits available upon request
The office is based in Edinburgh City Centre and is easily accessible via public transport.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please get in touch with Jack Ramage for a private and confidential discussion on 07590437339 or email@example.com. Alternatively, please apply.
This company is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and recognise the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sex orientation.