Financial Controller | Aberdeen
Recruiter: Hutcheon Mearns
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in this role?
About the opportunity
Hutcheon Mearns are supporting an exciting and growing business which is directly accelerating the transition to renewable energy. Operating in the clean energy space, they are first to market this high-tech product.
This dynamic company are building a rapidly growing, highly inclusive and collaborative team. Due to future projected growth, they are looking for a Financial Controller. Based in Aberdeen and reporting to the CFO, the purpose of the role is to deliver a full financial management and business partnering service to the management team. This is an exciting development opportunity for a hands-on, ambitious, qualified accountant to develop their own contemporary Finance function.
About the role
- Overseeing the end to end finance operations
- Primary responsibility for preparing and delivering robust financial information and monthly reporting to key stakeholder groups (the Board, Investors and Lenders)
- Ensuring robust financial control
- Lead the preparation of statutory accounts
- Lead the annual audit process, first point of contact
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of grant applications and R&D tax credit claims
- Meet all statutory requirements regarding Corporate Tax, VAT, PAYE, and Payroll
- Management and ongoing development of the financial systems and processes
- Support the preparation of annual budgets and 3 year forecasts
- Manage and develop the finance team to support the company’s growth plans
About the individual
- Professionally qualified with strong technical accounting knowledge
- Experience of managing and leading delivery of full month-end reporting
- Commercial and business partnering mindset
- Flexible in approach with the ability to identify and implement areas for process improvement and associated change management
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills
- Great at building meaningful and value-add working relationships internally and externally
- Experience of working independently in a growing and fast paced business environment
- Experience of leading/facilitating third party financial audits
- Experience of working with an outsourced payroll provider to deliver the Company’s monthly, annual and compliance obligations
- Experience of managing the outputs of developing team members, coaching and supporting personal/professional growth as required
- Desire to work effectively and efficiently as part of a small team
- Commitment to continued professional development with up-to-date knowledge of good practice
This company is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and recognise the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sex orientation.