Business Partner (Commercial) | Glasgow
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross
Employer: STV Plc
Role: Business Partner (Commercial)
Location: Glasgow (Hybrid)
Salary: Competitive + Excellet benefits package
Holiday entitlements: 35 days
Healthcare: Private Medical Care and Life Assurance
Additional benefits: Paid professional membership fees
Interested in this role?
About the opportunity
STV is Scotland’s home of news and entertainment, serving audiences with quality content on air, online and on demand. STV’s broadcast channel, accessible free-to-air on all the main TV platforms in Scotland, reaches over 3 million viewers each month and is home to some of the biggest and most popular shows on television. The channel’s first-class content includes soaps Emmerdale and Coronation Street, big drama productions, entertainment hits Britain’s Got Talent and I’m a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here, strong home-grown productions and Scotland's best, most comprehensive and most trusted news service. Flagship news programme STV News at Six continues to grow its audience share and is Scotland’s most watched news service.
About the role
An opportunity has arisen in the STV Finance Team for a Business Partner – Commercial. This is a key role in the team, reporting to the Group Reporting & Treasury Manager, with dotted line reporting to the STV Commercial Director and day to day interaction with the Senior Commercial Leadership Team. This role is responsible for the accurate and timely recording and reporting of all advertising revenue generated by the Group (c.£110m in 2021) and for the provision of insights to be used by the Commercial Team in growing the business.
STV represents an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, qualified accountant to join a dynamic business at a relatively early stage of its growth, having displayed strong revenue and profit progression in recent years and demonstrating resilience against the recent Covid-19 dominated backdrop. As one of Scotland’s few listed companies, the opportunity exposes the successful individual to the unique environment of a plc business and all that it entails.
- Revenue recognition of all national, regional and digital advertising revenues, ensuring compliance with accounting standards, agency contracts and discount structures (including accounting for STV Growth Fund contracts and payaways), promotional airtime, and any other related items
- Provision of regular accurate financial reporting and management information in relation to advertising trends, key customer analysis, segment/market insights etc
- Ownership of the accounting and reporting processes and controls underpinning the accurate and timely recording of transactions in the Group’s accounting system (Unit4) and ensuring that financial processes and controls are appropriate, documented and complied with
- The timely interfacing of month end revenues from ad-serving systems to facilitate invoicing
- Providing monthly management accounts, weekly revenue updates and other management information in a timely and accurate manner with detailed variance analysis and commentary
- The monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Working with the Commercial operations and Group Finance teams in the preparation of annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and 3-year strategic plans for the Commercial team
- Developing a sound understanding of all Commercial systems and ensuring that output is accurate and appropriately interfaced with the central finance system
- Challenging existing processes and methods to provide continuous improvement opportunities, and implementing solutions where agreed
- Working effectively with external stakeholders such as ITV
- Preparing and submitting regulatory returns to OFCOM
- Preparing and presenting ad hoc reports or analyses as required
About the individual
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant that will get involved in mentoring/managing a team, as well as work with key stakeholders. You will have a proven track record of excllent organisational skills with strong attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills.
What to do next
To find out more or see a full Position Profile, please contact their retained advisor, Jonathan Donnelly
Please note that any direct or third party approaches will be sent to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.
Rutherford Cross is an equal opportunities advocate and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.