Group Corporate Finance Analyst | Glasgow
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross
Title: Group Corporate Finance Analyst
Location: Glasgow (hybrid)
Salary: A competitive salary + 20% on target bonus
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in this role?
Aggreko is a highly acquisitive business, with six acquisitions being completed within the last 12 months and a strong pipeline of further potential acquisition opportunities. The acquisitions bring synergies to the existing business, representing a further step into Aggreko’s continuing commitment to drive sustainable energy solutions and expand its presence in the renewable energy sector.
Going forward, Aggreko may look to complete some disposals in geographies or sectors which are not core to the Group’s activities. Given the pipeline of further acquisition opportunities and quality of the finance resource in companies which can be smaller and less developed than Aggreko, the business needs a dedicated resource within the Group Finance team to work with the Group Corporate Finance Manager, the M&A Director, their team and target management pre and post-acquisition.
In this unique role as a Group Corporate Finance Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting Aggreko’s inorganic growth ambitions by working on all financial aspects of acquisitions, while also gaining fantastic financial reporting experience as part of an award-winning Group Finance team in a truly global, fast-growing business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Working on all aspects of acquisitions, including understanding deal structure from an accounting perspective and providing input, supporting external financial due diligence and ensuring timely execution of closing mechanism
- Post-acquisition, you will assist with the fair value accounting, working with external advisors
- Recognising that the target companies vary in scale, you will also work to ensure smooth integration and standardisation of financial reporting post-acquisition and help ensure processes and controls are in line with the rest of the Group to realise synergies identified during the diligence process
- As an integral part of the Group Finance team, you will lead various finance projects and have responsibility for key tasks around the consolidation and month-end / quarter-end and year-end deliverables
- You will be responsible for the preparation of statutory accounts for several Group companies
Ideally, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified CA with minimum of 2 years post-qualified experience
- Experience of Transaction Services / M&A
- Experience of working in a large, multi-national group
- Experience of group reporting and statutory accounts preparation
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with good job ownership skills
- A competitive salary + 20% on target bonus
- Pension plan and Life Assurance
- Hybrid working
- Generous holiday entitlement, with option to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’
- A focus on continued personal development
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Paid time off work for volunteering in the community
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme, which helps promote and support a healthy lifestyle
To access the full Position Profile and have a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Jonathan Donnelly (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note that any direct or third party approaches will be sent to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.