Audit Senior | Aberdeen/Edinburgh/Glasgow
Location: Aberdeen/ Edinburgh / Glasgow
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in this role?
About the opportunity
As an auditor at EY, you will provide independent verification of our clients’ compliance with accounting principles.
About the role
Our UK and Ireland (UKI) Assurance team is fully integrated, working across borders to help clients deal with issues that are critical to their success, and winning new business as a result. From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information, and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of clients. Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same.
By doing so, you play a meaningful role in helping businesses accurately reflect their financial picture. In return, you can expect leading class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge, and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilites
Everything you do will come back to providing exceptional audit services for our clients.
- Leading fieldwork and keeping engagement managers updated on audits
- Accurately reporting on financial statements and providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters
- Completing audit processes and documenting higher-risk areas to increase your technical and business skills
- Engaging clients and providing authoritative advice and professionalism throughout transactions
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends
About the individual
Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you’ll be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues. As you build your knowledge and experience, you’ll become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Experience delivering and reporting on external audits
- Fully qualified as a chartered accountant e.g. ACA / ACCA / CA / ICAS / ICAEW or international equivalent*
- Non-financial services industry exposure
*Please note that evidence of qualification status will be requested pre-interview. We kindly request that applicants upload a copy of their qualification certificate at the point of application.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Sector experience in one or more of the following: Oil & Gas; Energy; Power & Utilities; Retail; Transportation; Aviation; Supply Chain & Logistics; Consumer Goods
- Knowledge of current market issues in the UK
- Experience using SOX 404 and applying UK GAAP and IFRS
- Project management or team supervisory experience
- The flexibility to constantly learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Apply link as above Assurance - Audit Senior - Aberdeen-Edinburgh-Glasgow (ey.com)