ICAS Regulation Board – composition and current members
Here you can meet the various members of the Regulation Board, learn about their roles and the appointment process.
The composition of ICAS Regulation Board
The membership of the Regulation Board strikes a balance between the public interest and professional experience of regulation.
The General Regulations provide that the Regulation Board is made up of the following:
- A Chair, who must be a Public Interest Member of Council.
- Two other members of Council (who may be CAs or Public Interest Members).
- At least one Lay Member (a non-accountant who is not a Council member).
- The Conveners of the Authorisation Committee and the Investigation Committee.
- The Executive Director of Standards.
- Up to three relevantly experienced ICAS employees.
- Any other person as Council shall deem necessary or appropriate.
Role of Regulation Board members
As set out above, the Regulation Board is comprised of a range of individuals, including accountants and non-accountants. With the exception of the Chair, ICAS’ Regulations do not provide distinct roles or responsibilities for Regulation Board members, with all members expected to:
- Provide robust oversight and challenge to ICAS’ regulatory activities.
- Hold the Executive Team to account in relation to performance and delivery of objectives.
- Deliver effective influence in the public interest.
Individuals are appointed to the Regulation Board by ICAS’ Nominations Committee (with the exception of the Executive Director of Standards, who sits on the Regulation Board by virtue of his or her employment in that role).
Appointments to the Regulation Board are for an initial period of three years, which may be extended for a second term of three years.
With the exception of the Conveners, members of the Authorisation Committee and Investigation Committee are not eligible to sit on the Regulation Board.
The Regulation Board is currently formed of the following individuals:
(Public Interest Member)
Date of Appointment: 1 February 2024
A to H
Date of Appointment: February 2024
Date of Appointment: December 2021
(non - Council)
Date of Appointment: May 2023
Date of Appointment: March 2020
Date of Appointment: September 2020
I to Q
Date of Appointment: June 2022
Bruce Minto OBE FRSE
Chair, Investigation Committee
Date of Appointment: November 2020
( Executive Director)