3 June - Ask ICAS: Spring Tax Update Part 3 – Tax administration, Timely Payment and raising standards in the tax advisory market
Join members of the ICAS Tax team for this interactive overview of key calls for evidence issued by HMRC on ‘Tax Day’ – the proposals will impact on all taxpayers and agents’ working lives going forward.
The Team led a discussion on how tax administration, and Timely Payment can be improved for all stakeholders in future.
They also provided a general overview of:
- Tax Administration Framework Review – on the tax administration framework, covering the core legislation, processes and guidance which underpin obligations for HMRC, taxpayers, agents and third parties.
- Timely Payment – to explore the opportunities and challenges of more frequent payment of income tax within Income Tax Self-Assessment, and of corporation tax for small companies, based on in-year information.
- Raising standards in the tax advice market – on the definition of tax advice and a requirement to make professional indemnity insurance compulsory for all tax advisers.
You also get the chance to hear what the ICAS Tax Team do to represent Members’ interest to the authorities.
(Duration: 1 hour. Originally recorded 3 June 2021)
Key themes and topics
- The Tax Administration Framework Review
- Timely Payment
- Standards in the tax advice market
- The ICAS Tax Team
Who are the speakers?
- Chair: Justine Riccomini, Head of Taxation (Scottish Taxes, Employment & ICAS Tax Community)
- Charlotte Barbour, Director, Taxation ICAS
- Philip McNeil, Head of Taxation (Tax Practice and Owner Managed Businesses Taxes).
(Please note that views and opinions expressed by speakers at ICAS webinars are their own and not necessarily reflective of ICAS’ views.)
Who’s this for?
- CAs working in Tax
- CAs working in Practice
- CAs working in Business
Counts as CPD activity
Depending upon your individual role and training and development needs, watching this webinar can count towards your annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirement.