The ICAS CA Student Value Proposition – educate, empower and advance
From our internationally renowned syllabus and expert teaching, to a connected support strategy and ethical leadership, ICAS will help to fulfil your career ambitions and realise your professional potential.
With ICAS you are on a lifelong learning journey that begins with our advanced business and accountancy syllabus, includes high-calibre teaching and exams, and leads to wherever ambition takes you – equipped to adapt and succeed no matter what challenges the future might bring.
Learn, grow, advance together
To help fulfil your potential and realise your career aspirations, we have designed a support strategy which begins with a commitment to educate, empower and advance.
Read the ICAS CA Student value proposition to learn more:
- Educate, empower and advance.
- Connect and help to succeed.
- Innovate for the future.
- Customer-centric organisation.
- Public trust and big voice.
1. Educate, empower and advance
With the internationally renowned ICAS syllabus, our high-calibre teaching, support and examinations, you’ll qualify at the foremost professional level for accounting, finance and business, to unlock a world of rewarding opportunity.
- Attain our prestigious, and UK-exclusive, professional ‘CA’ designation.
- World-renowned, forward-thinking syllabus designed and examined by ICAS.
- Expert and engaging teaching and guidance from qualified accountants and CAs.
- Earn while you learn, gaining technical expertise and real-world experience in a secure profession paying competitive salaries.
- Learning and exams delivered across the UK through a flexible blend of online and face-to-face support and resources.
- Reach the highest level in accounting and finance, and specialise in areas such as assurance or tax.
- Become business qualified and gain the acumen, entrepreneurial skills and commercial awareness to succeed wherever ambition takes you.
- Develop the management, strategic and analytical skills for successful leadership.
- Unlock a world of opportunity with a globally recognised and respected qualification.
2. Connect and help to succeed
Our training and business network of over 3,700 CA Students and 22,000 qualified CAs informs and inspires, connecting you to peers, mentors and professional opportunities.
- Begin a lifelong learning journey with access to continuously updated professional guidance, knowledge and technical information.
- Instant connection to our global professional network packed with corporate leaders and local heroes.
- Access to Chartered Accountants Worldwide (CAW) resources and connection to 1.5 million Chartered Accountant students in 190 countries.
- Mentoring opportunities with qualified CAs.
- Local support from the five ICAS UK Area Networks, each with a dedicated Student lead.
- High quality, free-to-attend webinars and events to expand your knowledge and networks.
- CA magazine – you’ll be inspired and informed by our award-winning publication.
- CA Student - you'll receive our monthly Student newsletter, keeping you up to date with ICAS news and resources.
3. Innovate for the future
We’re a forward-thinking educator and examiner, equipping the brightest and best with the tools to adapt and progress, no matter what the future holds.
- Our innovative CA qualification meets the digital challenges of tomorrow, covering the concepts, methods and ideas affecting existing and emerging technologies.
- ICAS training programme and examinations set and enforce rigorous entry standards to maintain the high calibre of our CAs.
- Face-to-face teaching complemented by virtual classrooms, online exams and resources, to offer flexibility and learning on the go.
- Continuous development of our CA syllabus, with updates for qualified Members, to ensure that your professional expertise remains relevant.
- CA Connect, our digital community platform, links you to peers and mentors, and stimulates debate amongst the profession.
4. Customer-centric organisation
As a CA Student you are of central importance to ICAS, provided with expert help and advice, and awards to inspire and honour your achievements.
- Tutors with professional accountancy experience provide online and in-person mentoring, feedback and support.
- Access to technical helplines and workplace advice.
- Dedicated Customer Experience team ensures a high-value service.
- Wellbeing services and resources to help support you and smooth your path to qualification.
- Support for those with learning difficulties and disabilities, and a commitment to ensuring equality of opportunity.
- High-profile campaigns and awards provide inspiration whilst recognising excellence and achievements.
- Benevolent assistance for those in need, plus mentoring and internship opportunities for students from disadvantaged backgrounds through the ICAS Foundation.
5. Public trust and big voice
As an industry champion, regulator and ethical voice, we maintain public trust in business and finance whilst promoting and protecting the profession to which you aspire.
- Code of Ethics – applicable to all CA Students and Members of ICAS, the internationally respected code underpins our Royal Charter commitment to act in the public interest.
- Public Trust and Ethics is an integral theme of our syllabus, using real-life case studies to aid understanding and equip CAs to make informed ethical judgements.
- ICAS works to promote a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and to act as a catalyst for positive change within the profession.
- Promoting the CA brand to employers, governments, stakeholders and the public.
- Front-line thought leadership to guide every stage of your career.
- Promoting the public interest through public-policy engagement, legislative and regulatory advice.
- Regulatory and conduct regimes to maintain and improve standards in the profession.