Join ICAS as a reciprocal member
Already a member of an accountancy body? Want to join ICAS?
ICAS currently has a number of routes into membership depending on qualification and experience.
ICAS has a direct reciprocal membership arrangement in place with seven international accounting bodies, allowing you to join us without taking any additional exams.
In addition, some of these routes also provide access to the UK Audit Qualification, an ICAS practising certificate and Responsible Individual status, which would allow you prospectively to carry out Statutory Audit work in the UK.
You are eligible to apply for the reciprocal route to ICAS membership if you are a member of Good Standing with one of the following bodies, having qualified through the normal examination routes:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- Chartered Professional Accountants Canada (CPA Canada)
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA)
If you are a member of the following bodies and would like to find out further information please contact email@example.com with a letter of good standing from your membership body.
Pathways Route to Membership
ICAS offers members of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) or the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) the opportunity to become a member with ICAS through the Pathways Route.
You may be eligible to apply for the Pathways Route to ICAS membership if you:
- are a member of Good Standing with CIPFA or ACCA
- have been a member for 7 years or more
- have qualified though the standard entry route and completed the normal qualification requirements for membership
- met any additional requirements for the relevant pathways route.
Mutual Recognition Agreement - CPA(USA) Membership
ICAS has a Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) with Certified Public Accountants in the USA .
The MRA simplifies the process for eligible CPAs to become ICAS members and reduce the examination requirements to become a Chartered Accountant.
For more information on the this MRA – CPA (USA) Membership route, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Accounting Bodies
If you are a member of an accounting body that is not mentioned in one of the above routes, you will be required to go through one of the student routes to ICAS membership. For more information on the routes offered, eligibility criteria and how to apply please visit our routes to becoming a CA.