Reviewing achievement logs
CA students use the Achievement Log to record the achievement of their work experience requirements.
As an Achievement Log reviewer it is your responsibility to review an individual CA student's Achievement log on a regular basis, and at least annually (within one month of the end of the relevant year of the individual CA student's training contract), with the aim of confirming:
- The recorded competencies have been achieved by the CA student and that they have provided you with evidence to confirm that the competency is at the level of a newly qualified Chartered Accountant
- The reflective statement, the experience log and the ethical statement are an accurate reflection of the year under review.
For guidance on how to review the achievement log please see this short video:
This should be viewed in conjunction with these slides which highlight the common reasons why we have to defer acceptance of student achievement logs.
Quick reference guides on the main achievement log processes can be found here:
- How to approve and defer competencies
- How to perform an annual review
- What to look out for when reviewing an achievement log
- Student and reviewer checklist
- Achievement Logs - Student FAQs
If you require further information regarding Achievement Logs, please email contact us.