Handling difficult conversations with ease and confidence
Member price for Online Live: £272 + VAT
Member price in England: £539 + VAT
Non-member price: £634 + VAT
Online Live, 5 September 2022
Manchester, 30 June 2022
London, 15 November 2022
Broaching difficult subjects with colleagues and clients is often a daunting prospect for many. People sometimes avoid conflict situations where they need to deliver bad news or where they fear that there will be an adverse reaction to an assertive or critical message. Yet few things are as impressive in business as the ability to discuss difficult issues with honesty, clarity and integrity and to deal in a fair and objective way with the powerful emotions that inevitably arise.
This course aims to provide participants with the skills and confidence they need to develop this vital skill-set.
Who should attend
This highly interactive course will benefit anyone who wants or needs to learn how to deliver difficult or challenging messages in a clear, timely and effective way.
What you will learn
- Understand what makes a message difficult or challenging, and why people are often reluctant to deliver it
- Identify and recognise the barriers to holding difficult conversations
- Be aware of their own personal communication style and recognise counter-productive words and actions where emotions are fully engaged
- Learn and apply effective processes and techniques for conducting difficult conversations
- Maintain control of the conversation process by mastering the techniques necessary for remaining clear and objective, especially where others are seeking to gain control of the conversation
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org