Financial modelling - comprehensive
Member price in Scotland and Online Live: £722.50 + VAT
Non-member price in Scotland and Online Live: £850 + VAT
Member price in England: £1,295 + VAT
Non-member price in England: £1,523 + VAT
Due to differences regarding external costs, courses outside of Scotland are priced separately. ICAS members are eligible for a discounted price on all courses running in England.
Timing: 9.00am-5.00pm (both days)
Online Live, 18 & 19 May 2023
Online Live, 6 & 7 November 2023
Manchester, 11 & 12 July 2023
London, 4 & 5 September 2023
Edinburgh, 24 & 25 October 2023
This two-day course has been developed for anybody looking to develop their financial modelling skills. The focus is on best practice financial modelling, the Dos and the Don’ts that are critical to ensure your models are sturdy, dynamic and flexible.
Delegates should be comfortable with the skills taught on the Introduction to Excel course before attending this course.
An integrated forecast set of financial statements is built, based on recent actual historic data. Delegates build their own model with the help of the trainer. A discounted cash flow valuation is then performed, enabling some sensitivity analysis to be performed using the model.
Who should attend
This course is designed for anybody who needs to build, interpret, review and audit financial models. It is suitable for both accountants and non-accountants, but an existing understanding of basic accounting concepts and terminology will be beneficial.
Participants may also be interested in the follow-up courses
- Financial modelling - advanced (and introduction to VBA)
- Valuation Techniques (with Valuation Modelling)
What you will learn
- Financial modelling “Golden Rules”: Best practice DOs and DON’Ts
- Model set-up
- Model planning
- Worksheet grouping
- Date Functionality
- Historic data:cleaning up the numbers
- Integrating the statements
- Balancing the balance sheet
- Forecasting techniques: pros and cons
- Forecasting the numbers and populating the financial statements
- Enterprise vs equity value
- Discounted cash flow valuation
- Weighted average cost of capital (WACC)
- Terminal value
- Scenario analysis
- Sensitivity analysis
- Rolling forward the forecast
Information for Online Live dates
Please read the following guidance carefully, which applies only if you are attending this course online:
- In addition to the Online Classroom, you will need to have your own version of Excel open to complete the exercises
- It does prove to be challenging to follow-on with the exercises using only 1 screen as you will need to be regularly switching between open windows. We recommend to either:
- Extend from a computer to a 2nd screen, or
- Use 2 computers, or
- Use a tablet for the online classroom and a computer for the Excel
- Please note that our courses are based on Excel for Windows and it is recommended that you are using at least Excel 2010 or a later version. MAC users are welcome but please note that there may be some tools and functionality that will differ from what is being presented. The presenter will accommodate for MAC versions on the course.
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: email@example.com