CFO of the future part 1: Finance leadership - one day course
Member price in Scotland: £361 + VAT
Non-member price in Scotland: £425 + VAT
Member price in England: £566 + VAT
Non-member price in England: £666 + VAT
Please note, due to differences regarding external costs, courses outside of Scotland are priced separately. ICAS members are eligible for a discounted price on all courses running in England.
Timing in Scotland: 9.30am-4.30pm
Timing in England: 9.30am-5.00pm
London, 13 March 2023
London, 12 July 2023
Edinburgh, 8 August 2023
In today’s rapidly changing business climate the CFO’s role has never been more important. Their management colleagues (including the board) desperately need fast, frequent and relevant information to make important decisions daily and weekly.
They are also demanding answers to difficult questions: which products, business segments and growth initiatives should we invest in? Which products and customers are strategic and profitable? How can we cut costs by 20-30% without affecting customer value?
Is our strategy working and, if not, what action should we take? Which business teams are performing well and which are performing poorly? Which products and/or processes should we outsource? How are we performing today and what does the near-term future look like?
Most CFOs struggle to answer these (and many similar) questions. The CFO of the future series will enable you to raise your game and take on more of a leadership role. This series of five one day workshops, spread out over the year, will enable you to supplement your knowledge with all the latest tools, techniques and best practices and enable you to drive positive growth and change inside your organisation.
Book the series or choose individual workshops - it could be the defining moment in your career.
The other workshops are:
- CFO of the future 2 - Strategic management
- CFO of the future 3 - Cost and profitability analysis
- CFO of the future 4 - Flexible planning and rolling forecasts
- CFO of the future 5 - Best practice measurement and reporting
Who should attend?
These workshops are aimed at existing and aspiring CFOs (including finance directors/controllers/managers, strategic/business planners, mid-level finance staff and anyone responsible for improving the finance and planning operations) who want to improve their knowledge and performance. They are applicable to both the private and public sectors.
What you will gain
Based on many insights into how the best CFOs have improved their finance operations, this series provides the opportunity for you to take a career step-change in knowledge and performance. It will cover a wide range of topics including leadership, efficiency, strategy, profitability, planning and measurement.
Workshop one – finance leadership
You need to rise above the basic accounting routines and become a change leader who can transform finance into a best-in-class operation. You need to make an honest assessment of how effective you are and prepare a vision and roadmap of where you want to be in a few years from now. And you need to take your team with you on the journey.
This workshop will focus on:
- Developing a vision and roadmap for finance setting direction and aspirations
- Improving finance efficiency, cutting out low value added work, increasing quality and reducing cost of operation
- Creating a value focus within finance and becoming more responsive to managements needs
- Improving finance effectiveness turning finance into a valued and trusted, true business partner
- What constitutes an effective, balanced finance team – team types, roles and behaviours
- Designing and using a finance scorecard to set goals and action plans for finance and to measure performance progress
- Case examples include Cisco Systems, GE and American Express
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: email@example.com