CFO of the future 5: Best practice measurement and reporting workshop
Member price for Online Live: £361 + VAT
Non-member price for Online Live: £425 + VAT
Member price for England: £595 + VAT
Non-member price for England: £700 + VAT
Online Live, 15 May 2024
Online Live, 12 December 2024
London, 22 October 2024
In today’s rapidly changing business climate the CFO’s role has never been more important. Their management colleagues (including the board) desperately need fast, frequent and relevant information to make important decisions daily and weekly. They are also demanding answers to difficult questions: which products, business segments and growth initiatives should we invest in?
Which products and customers are strategic and profitable? How can we cut costs by 20-30% without affecting customer value? Is our strategy working and, if not, what action should we take? Which business teams are performing well and which are performing poorly? Which products and/or processes should we outsource? How are we performing today and what does the near-term future look like?
Most CFOs struggle to answer these (and many similar) questions. The CFO of the future series will enable you to raise your game and take on more of a leadership role.
This series of five one day workshops, spread out over the year, will enable you to supplement your knowledge with all the latest tools, techniques and best practices and enable you to drive positive growth and change inside your organisation.
Book the series or choose individual workshops - it could be the defining moment in your career.
The other workshops are:
- CFO of the future 1 - Finance leadership
- CFO of the future 2 - Strategic management
- CFO of the future 3 - Cost and profitability analysis
- CFO of the future 4 - Flexible planning and rolling forecasts
Who should attend?
These workshops are aimed at existing and aspiring CFOs (including finance directors/controllers/managers, strategic/business planners, mid-level finance staff and anyone responsible for improving the finance and planning operations) who want to improve their knowledge and performance. They are applicable to both the private and public sectors.
What you will gain
Based on many insights into how the best CFOs have improved their finance operations, this series provides the opportunity for you to take a career step-change in knowledge and performance. It will cover a wide range of topics including leadership, efficiency, strategy, profitability, planning and measurement.
Workshop five - best practice measurement and reporting
It is likely that your measures and reports are too slow, detailed and lack performance insights. Most managers don’t know where they are until two weeks after each month end. You need to raise your game and provide your partners with fast, frequent and relevant information.
This workshop will focus on:
- How to turn “dumb KPIs” into intelligence using business analytics and corporate performance management
- Designing ‘reports on a page’ and the use of trends
- Designing balanced scorecards and achieving alignment of measures and rewards
- Using comparisons (benchmarking, peer to peer comparison) to drive continuous improvement
- The law of unintended consequences and avoiding them – conflict of measures and adverse human behaviours
- Opening up the information system and communicating results more effectively
- Thinking big when goal setting – stretched goals
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: email@example.com