25 February - Ask ICAS: Managing the costs of property taxes
Calling all auditors, accountants and tax professionals – join us for an in-depth look at property taxes. The Ask ICAS team will be joined by experts from Revenue Scotland to discuss everything from notifiable lease changes to the new reporting requirements around Capital Gains Tax, to help ensure that you’re fully informed and managing your clients’ costs efficiently.
(Duration: 1 hour. Originally recorded 25 February 2021)
Key themes and topics
- Notifiable lease changes
- Spotting charging points and avoiding penalties
- When LBTT can be reclaimed on leases
- CGT and how to avoid expensive pitfalls
- The boundaries between trading, investment and holiday letting.
Who are the speakers?
- Charlotte Barbour CA CTA, Director, Taxation (Chair)
- Philip McNeil FCA CTA
- Andy Scott, Revenue Scotland
- Mike Paterson, Revenue Scotland.
(Please note that views and opinions expressed by speakers at ICAS webinars are their own and not necessarily reflective of ICAS’ views.)
Who’s this for?
- Tax professionals
Counts as CPD activity
Depending upon your individual role and training and development needs, watching this webinar can count towards your annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirement.