Starting a business
Business start up guide
This is a short and simple guide for those thinking about starting a business. It has been written by ICAS members who have set up or invested in successful new businesses.
- Tips on what you need to know, based on the experience of those who have done it themselves.
- How to prepare a business plan and where to go for help.
- Advice from ICAS Chartered Accountants who are successful entrepreneurs, including what helped them get their ideas off the ground.
- Where to look for funding - advice from investors and business angels who help to fund and advise new and growing businesses.
- Links to further information and resources.
Business start up mentoring
ICAS has published a register of CAs willing to mentor businesses.