TC exam guidance
You have enrolled in the upcoming TC exams. The information on this page will help you to understand what happens next in the exam process and how to get ready for your exams.
Exam dates and timings
The dates and timings for the specific exam(s) you are enrolled in are available on Timetabler. Candidates who have been awarded reasonable adjustments will have their exam timings issued to them via email in advance of the exam.
Exams will be conducted on UK BST time. Any candidate not in the UK at the time of the exam will be required to sit the exam within the standard UK timings.
All exam start times are mandatory and you must be logged into the system and ready to start your test at the time stated. Failure to do so may result in you being unable to sit the exam.
- The exams will be held online in your home or location of choice.
- Candidates must be set up and ready to commence the exam at the stated start time. This means that the assessment platform must be accessed in advance of these start times to ensure that you are set up in good time.
- You will need access to a PC/laptop and power for your PC/laptop, with an embedded and functioning camera and microphone on your PC/laptop, as well as access to the internet.
- Please note that ICAS does not offer IT support for issues specific to macOS. Any issues with accessing the exam system or proctoring software that are specific to macOS will not be supported by ICAS. More general issues affecting all devices are supported.
- Technical support will be available on the day of the exam and beforehand, so please do not hesitate to contact us via the designated Teams channel.
The following documents should be consulted before your TC exams to ensure you are familiar with the technical requirements and the exam etiquette guide as well as the associated policies:
- ICAS Exam Etiquette and Preparations Guide - This covers the steps that you should take to prepare for your exam.
- ICAS Online Exam Technical Guide - This covers the technical requirements and set up of the IT systems you require to sit your exam.
Additional guidance resources
In addition to these documents, there are a number of other resources which will be useful in your exam preparation:
- The following Exam Guidance Videos are available - TC Exam Day Information, TC Cirrus User Guide, Proctorio Invigilation Tutorial
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have read and understood the exam processes and requirements and clarified any aspects you are unclear about before your exams take place.