Risk and technology
Our new TPS Risk & Technology course will keep CA Students’ skills relevant and ensure that they are aware of the ever-changing needs of accountancy.
What is TPS Risk & Technology?
It will do so in addition to these key themes:
- Business risks and risk monitoring
- Risk-management strategy
- Technology risk
- Data analysis and visualisation
- New and disruptive technologies
- IT strategy
- Computational thinking
R & T syllabus
K - Knowledge | C - Comprehension | A - Application | An - Analysis | S - Synthesis | E - Evaluation
What makes R&T different to the existing TPS subjects?
Risk & Technology differs from the existing TPS subjects in a number of ways:
- Taught via flexible bitesize learning
- Unique totally online approach
- Co-developed with CA ANZ to share expertise.
R&T will be assessed through three continual assessments with incrementally rising stakes throughout (see diagram below). Assessments are representative of real-life situations and students will be required to respond to specific business scenarios.
Assessments are structured as follows:
- Each assessment has a pass mark of 50%
- Requirement to pass the high-stakes assessment and full course with >50%