Sitting mocks and exams remotely
During the coronavirus pandemic ICAS CA Students will be able to sit their exams and mocks remotely.
Sitting assessments remotely is a new process for ICAS that all ICAS CA students will be adjusting to.
Please find below some key information on how the process works and what to expect.
Your ethical responsibilities
- ICAS would like to remind you of your ethical responsibilities at this very difficult time. We will be monitoring submission times and using plagiarism software where appropriate. It is important that candidates operate under normal exam regulations as far as possible.
- All candidates must have access to a PC, web camera and Internet.
- The internet should not be used during your exam, unless instructed otherwise.
Exam access and Registration
- Access details will be issued to you before the assessment, if you have not received these instructions 24 hours prior to the assessment please contact ICAS at email@example.com.
- You must register your attendance in accordance with the instructions for your exam.
- TC after starting the remote proctor session.
- TPE/PTE is 30 minutes BEFORE the assessment is due to start (before morning and afternoon), a link will be sent to you when you receive the paper. For example, if the start time is 9am you must register before 8.30am
- You will be asked to authenticate yourself as part of the registration process, please have ID in the form of a passport or driving license available. You must test your exam access prior to the exam day.
During the exam
- Please ensure that your ICAS contact number (mocks) OR Exam Candidate number (final exams) is used as the file name and is included at the top of every page submitted.
- All assessments will be time controlled and “submission windows” for scripts will be issued prior to the assessment. This will include submission times for morning and afternoon papers. (TPS and TPE only)
- Submit to MS Teams within the time defined in the instructions. (TPS and TPE only)
- Please note all candidates will start the morning paper at the same time.
- All exams are conducted in UK Time (GMT+0).
Students with reasonable adjustments (concessions)
- If you have been awarded an exam adjustment, please refer to the email that you will have received that details your individual start and end time.
Problems, technical issues and assistance
- If your circumstances prohibit you from being able to sit any assessment, please contact your firm and ICAS immediately to discuss an opportunity to sit at a later date.
- If you experience technical difficulties, please contact ICAS on + 44 (0)131 347 0193 or firstname.lastname@example.org (calls may be recorded for future reference).
- If you experience any issues submitting your completed paper via MS Teams please contact ICAS on + 44 (0)131 347 0193 or email@example.com (calls may be recorded for future reference).
- If you have problems with the internet connection, please contact ICAS immediately + 44 (0)131 347 0193.
Getting your results
- Your exam results will be available via icas.com/students. Results will be available shortly after 9am on the date of release advised on your candidate instructions. No information can be prior to this date and exam results cannot be provided over the telephone.