How to become an ICAS insolvency practitioner
Insolvency Practitioners (IPs) deal with individuals and businesses that are experiencing financial difficulties. They administer the assets and funds of the insolvent estates, which can amount to significant sums, and frequently require to effect redundancies. Insolvency is, therefore, a highly regulated area of practice and IPs must complete rigorous training in many aspects of law and practice. They must also keep up to date with developments in insolvency.
Any person who engages in insolvency practice under the Insolvency Act 1986 or Insolvency (Northern Ireland) Order 1989 is required to be authorised for such work by a Recognised Professional Body (RPB).
ICAS is an RPB under the Insolvency Act 1986 and Insolvency (Northern Ireland) Order 1989 with specialist expertise in insolvency regulation and practice. We are renowned for rigorous but fair regulation, thought leadership, excellence in education, and a powerful sense of professional community amongst our members.
Why choose ICAS?
As an ICAS authorised insolvency practitioner we offer you access to:
- A UK-wide insolvency community with local networking opportunities and LinkedIn member groups
- The latest insolvency news – delivered via icas.com, regular email updates and social media
- Online technical resources including research and publications
- Courses and training
- Events and conferences
- The CA - monthly member magazine focused on management and finance
- CA Today - the latest business and accountancy news
- Monthly ICAS Update - a roundup of technical news and business insights
- Exclusive member offers and discounts for a range of third party services and products
ICAS also works on behalf of its members and in the public interest by seeking to influence new legislation and best practice by being involved at the outset of their development and by lobbying the Government and devolved administrations.
Who to contact if you need further information?
If you wish to discuss further obtaining your insolvency licence with ICAS then please contact David Menzies, Director of Practice or call him on 0131 347 0242 or get in touch with Regulatory Authorisations.