ICAS launches money laundering awareness week
Professional bodies and their members have a vital role in combatting economic crime. This week ICAS launches a campaign to raise the awareness among members of such crime and to remind them of their obligations under the Money Laundering Regulations and other legislation.
Throughout the week beginning 31 October, we will be featuring a series of articles on the responsibilities of members in regard to the anti-money laundering legislation and counter-terrorism finance.
Each day we will take a look at different aspects of the regime with an in-depth article and shorter ‘red flag’ highlights.
We will also feature a range of other useful resources for CAs, including webinars and podcasts.
Although the content will, by its nature, be of most interest to those working in the regulated areas, all members have ethical responsibilities in this area as well as legal obligations as citizens and so are encouraged to follow all the activity this week.
- On Monday we will consider money laundering and the professions.
- Tuesday will see us take a basic look at responsibilities and the available guidance.
- On Wednesday we dive deeper into know your client, risk assessment and reliance.
- Thursday’s piece will address admin matters of policies and procedures, record keeping and training.
- On Friday we will speak about the role of the Money Laundering Reporting Officer and the requirement to report to the National Crime Agency.