Winning business cases
Price: £45 + VAT
In today's economic climate it is ever more important that organisations are effective in allocating resources. Therefore there is an increasing tendency for organisations to require well thought through business cases for projects. These business cases need to be approached in a disciplined manner and address all the questions that those being asked for approval need answering.
What you will learn
- Understand what a business case is – and what it isn't
- Appreciate the importance of stakeholders and managing relationships with these stakeholders
- Recognise the need to ensure that the business case is aligned with the strategy of the organisation or business unit
- Understand the principles of evaluation (this is covered in more detail in a separate e-learning course - investment appraisal basics)
- Know how to put together a high level implementation plan
- Review what kind of risks might need to be considered
- Understand what kind of format and presentation the business case should comprise
- Recognise the importance of post completion reviews
Who should attend
Finance professionals and others who need to prepare, present and gain agreement for business cases. This course takes a generic approach to business case formulation that can be applied in any organisation.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
View full event details
- What is a business case?
- Importance of understanding stakeholders
- Strategy alignment and options
- Implementation plan
- Risk management
- Post completion review
Tel: 0330 060 3303