VAT pitfalls and planning
Member price: £136 + VAT
Non-member price: £160 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be refunded after checkout.
Aberdeen, 15 September 2017
Glasgow, 10 November 2017
Inverness, 11 December 2017
This course covers the key business areas where VAT planning can improve the bottom line and the common pitfalls to be avoided.
What you will learn:
- An appreciation of the main areas where VAT is a cost to businesses and other organisations.
- An understanding of when actions taken by businesses can reduce VAT exposure.
- An awareness of the types of situation where businesses can easily be caught out by VAT.
This course is intended for accountants and other staff working in businesses and other organisations. It is also intended for accountants in practice and other business advisers who need to be able to point out VAT planning opportunities and pitfalls to their clients.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
All of our taxation presenters have worked in practice and often taking their experience to very senior roles within practice and industry. Within our specialist group of presenters we have individuals who have progressed to partner level because of their technical expertise. Between them our expert presenters can cover business, personal tax aspects, Vat. They also specialise in key areas to ensure that the training covers the areas that our clients want.
View full event details
- Distinguishing between single and multiple supplies
- Minimising output tax
- Maximising input tax recovery
- Gaining the best results from partial exemption
- Overseas supplies of goods and services
- Transfers of going concerns and cash flow planning
- When landlords, property owners and developers must charge VAT and when they can reclaim it
- Using the option to tax
- Managing exposure to the capital goods scheme
- Planning techniques to mitigate VAT on property and construction
- Recent VAT cases and other developments.
Aberdeen, Glasgow, Inverness
Tel: 0330 060 3303