An introduction to corporate insolvency
Member price: £136 + VAT
Non-member price: £160 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Edinburgh, 9 November 2018
Many individuals entering the insolvency profession have minimal or no insolvency experience. This course aims to provide an introduction to, and understanding of, corporate insolvency procedures; giving a foundation of knowledge which can be built on with practical experience and further in-depth study, such as for the CPI, CPCI and JIE examinations, at a later stage
What you will learn:
- Insight into the role of an insolvency practitioner.
- An overview of the key provisions of the Insolvency Practitioners Regulations 2005.
- An introduction to the corporate insolvency procedures utilised in Scotland in terms of the Insolvency Act 1986 (as amended).
- An understanding of the lifecycle of a typical corporate insolvency case.
- A discussion of some of the practical trading considerations that often arise if a decision is taken to continue to trade a business in insolvency.
This half-day course is aimed at staff working in an insolvency practice, who may be preparing for the CPI, CPCI or JIE examinations, seeking to gain an introduction to and understanding of corporate insolvency. It also serves as a comprehensive CPD refresher for those who have not undertaken corporate insolvency work for some time.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
Judith Howson LLB (Hons) ACCA MABRP
Judith Howson has worked in the Insolvency profession for 18 years. Judith's work experience began at Buchler Phillips, a year secondment at Ferrier Hodgson Insolvency Practitioners, Kroll, Zolfo Cooper & Deloitte before setting up her own Insolvency Consultancy Practice late 2013.
View full event details
- The role of the insolvency practitioner and the Insolvency Practitioners Regulations 2005
- Introduction to each corporate insolvency procedure:
- Liquidations – members voluntary, creditors voluntary and court procedures
- Company voluntary arrangements
- The lifecycle of an insolvency case
- Practical trading considerations
Tel: 0330 060 3303