The accountant as strategic influencer and adviser - The role of the business partner
Price: £45 + VAT
As the world changes and finance becomes an ever increasing priority for most organsations, there is a recognised need for the role of the finance professional to change. No longer can the finance professional sit behind a spreadsheet or spend hours simply playing with a chart of accounts. There is now a need, and in a lot of cases a pull from the business, for a finance professional to play a greater part in the strategic decision making and planning within a business. This has created the developing role of the Finance Business Partner.
This module explains what that role looks like and briefly considers how the finance professional might get more involved in ensuring the strategy of an organisation gets implemented.
What you will learn
- What is meant by the term business partner
- What makes for a good business partnering relationship
- The role and risks of systems and Shared Service Centres
- The challenges to the organisation of Business Partners
- The development challenges to finance professionals
Who should attend
Accountants, financial managers and financial directors who wish to enhance their strategic thinking ability and strategic role and influence, with the aim of progressing their career.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
View full event details
- What is a business partner?
- What are the challenges to setting up an effective business partnering relationship?
Tel: 0330 060 3303