Taxation of doctors and dentists
Member price: £144.50 + VAT
Non-member price: £170 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Edinburgh, 27 September 2018
Edinburgh, 6 November 2018
What you will learn
The course is intended to provide an overall review of the taxation aspects of doctors and dentists together with some suggestions of tax planning points of particular application to these professions.
This course aims to outline the tax law and practices of particular relevance to these two professions, and to discuss the commercial and regulatory environment within which doctors and dentists are obliged to operate and to consider its impact on their tax status.
The course will also consider tax planning strategies and how the IR35 rules apply.
Who should attend
People who may benefit from this course include tax staff and partners who have a frequent involvement with the tax affairs of medical practitioners.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
All of our taxation presenters have worked in practice and often taking their experience to very senior roles within practice and industry. Within our specialist group of presenters we have individuals who have progressed to partner level because of their technical expertise. Between them our expert presenters can cover business, personal tax aspects, Vat. They also specialise in key areas to ensure that the training covers the areas that our clients want.
View full event details
- Partnership taxation and agreements
- Offices and employments
- Allowable expenses
- NHS special allowances and expenses treatment
- Taxation of junior doctors
- Partners' expenses and capital allowances - including spousal wages and travel and subsistence costs
- Rental income for premises. Deduction of interest paid
- Capital accounts, interest and allocation of profit share
- Pensions and pensions contributions
- Private incomes
- Aspects of tax compliance checks and HMRC approach to medics and dentists
Tel: 0330 060 3303