Tax refresher for those returning to practice
Member price: £382.50 + VAT
Non-member price: £450 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Edinburgh, 8-9 November 2016
This two-day course refreshes your knowledge of the key aspects of income tax and corporation tax which accountants in practice need to be familiar with in order to deal with the tax affairs of individuals and small companies.
Remind yourself of the key areas of income tax and corporation tax that accountants in practice deal with. Update your knowledge of legislation, case law and practice. Confidence in managing clients' tax affairs
This course is aimed at accountants returning to practice, but will also be of benefit to accountants and other professionals who are looking for a tax refresher covering income tax and corporation tax.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
All of our taxation presenters have worked in practice and often taking their experience to very senior roles within practice and industry. Within our specialist group of presenters we have individuals who have progressed to partner level because of their technical expertise. Between them our expert presenters can cover business, personal tax aspects, Vat. They also specialise in key areas to ensure that the training covers the areas that our clients want.
View full event details
- The structure of income tax, including rates and allowances
- Relief for pension contributions, gift aid payments etc.
- Income from property and other investment income
- Employment income and benefits
- Trade income, including capital allowances and the use of losses
- Choice of business structure: sole trader, partnership or company?
- The cash basis and fixed deductions for small business
- The structure of corporation tax: accounting periods and rates
- Computing corporation tax on income and gains, and using losses.
- Tax management under self assessment
Tel: 0330 060 3303