Tax planning for unincorporated businesses
Member price: £144.50 + VAT
Non-member price: £170 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Edinburgh, 17 May 2019
Inverness, 13 November 2019
What you will learn
This interactive workshop will review tax planning tips and ideas for the sole trader, self-employed, partnerships and also LLPs.
Who should attend
This will benefit tax advisers who need to give tax planning advice to such unincorporated businesses and LLPs.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
Michael is a Cambridge Graduate who studied economics at King’s College Cambridge. He trained and qualified at Coopers & Lybrand – now PwC. He is a Chartered Tax Adviser, a Fellow of the CIOT and is a former President of the ATT. He is currently their co-chair of the Technical Steering Group. He regularly writes for taxation and accountancy magazines.
Michael is the Head of Tax at BPP Professional Development and lectures on a wide range of tax issues.
View full event details
- Tax planning ideas and strategies to reduce the tax bill for the sole trader, self-employed and partnerships
- Use of the cash basis
- The impact of NIC, and planning tips
- Are you really self-employed?
- Recent cases and decisions
- Structuring your business
- LLP tax planning and anti-avoidance legislation
- Capital allowances impact
- Self-employed travel and subsistence rules
- Cap on trading losses
- What expenditure can you claim and get tax relief for?
- The partnership agreement
- The impact of CGT, IHT and SDLT
- Practical tax planning case studies
- VAT aspects including business dis-aggregation
Tel: 0330 060 3303