Strategic management of trade working capital - supply chain
Supply chain is the new definition of payables under traditional trade working capital. The traditional approach to financing trade payables was to use discounting techniques such as bulk discounts, non payments resulting in class actions, etc. This course examines the new approach (supplier chain financing).
What you will learn
- Appreciate the new way of understanding the supply (creditor) side of working capital
- Be able to explain why the new format is more 'fit for purpose' in the new cash environment organisations now encounter
- Understand why the traditional calculation of 'Days Purchases Outstanding'(DPO) is at best a 'general' guide
- Gain knowledge from the case studies of how to apply the new methodology to enable you to become more effective
- Instigate a strategy that could make working capital and therefore cash more efficient
Who should attend
Business and financial controllers, accountants, credit controllers and payment officers, internal auditors, accounting / IT business process owners, systems accountants, bank commercial teams, purchase teams. The course will be valuable to anyone responsible for managing any part of the working capital pipeline.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
View full event details
- Segmentation of supplier base to deal with suppliers 'discretely'
- Pre-shipment finance
- In Transit or Vendor managed inventory – Ownership
- Post Shipment- pre acceptance- invoice NOT approved by buyer – right of lien
- Web Portal
- Credit Rating links to main customer
- Purchase Cards
- Dynamic Discounting
Tel: 0330 060 3303