Featured job: Senior Associate – Private Business Team, PwC
The successful candidate will work with client relationship teams on a wide portfolio of both Private Business (Corporate) and Private Clients (Personal) and will have day-to-day responsibility for managing these on-going client relationships. For a number of our clients, this involves reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Director or Partner on the engagement.
Sector: Tax - Private business
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in the role?
About the role
The Senior Associate will be part of client-service and project teams. As such, managing both junior and more senior members of the team will be essential. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to work closely with specialists in all areas of Tax Scotland: Private Equity, Listed, Inbound, M&A, Capital Allowances, R&D, Indirect, Pensions, Reward & Employment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively managing a portfolio of clients, reporting to Managers and above.
- Establishing effective working relationships directly with clients.
- Being proactively involved in the financial management of clients.
- Contributing to the development of personal and team knowledge.
- Building your own network of contacts through regular attendance at internal and external meetings.
- Keeping up-to-date with local and national business and economic issues that might potentially impact on clients and /or their industry.
- Being actively involved in business development activities to some degree whether identifying and researching opportunities on new/existing clients or, if comfortable, participating directly alongside more senior team members in new business meetings.
Additional information Amount of time office based:
- 90% Amount of time at client sites
- 10% Need to travel/overnight stays away from home: Occasional, depending on client projects.
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)?: Yes
- Opportunity for working from home?: Occasional, depending on client projects
- Opportunity for job sharing?: No
About the candidate
The candidate will be operating in a team across the Central belt, with the ability to spend time in both the Edinburgh and Glasgow offices. There may also be opportunities to work with staff in our other offices around the country and to visit client sites in the UK. The candidate will be part of our Private Business Team which provides services to a wide range of clients from private businesses and private equity backed groups to partnerships and a number of high net worth individuals.
The successful applicant will have a keen interest in how the taxation system impacts both corporate and private clients alike and wants to develop their knowledge further through additional training and on the job learning.Requirements
The requirements for the role are as follows:
- Relevant qualifications in CA; LLB ATII; CTA; or equivalent.
- A commitment to continuing to enhance technical and other knowledge and skills;
- Willingness to take on new and challenging work;
- Risk awareness;
- Excellent team playing skills and desire to work XLos;
- Good communication skills;
- Good organisational and people skills.
What you need to do next
If you are interested in this role, apply now to start your application.
This featured job has been posted on behalf of PwC.