Pricing – The urban legends
Price: £45 + VAT
Pricing is one of the most difficult decisions that a manager can make. Many see it as complicated, risky and even terrifying. The reality is rather different. As long as you understand a few of the ground rules, you will not go too far wrong in your pricing efforts. One of the rather daunting issues is that there are as many opinions about how to set price as there are managers offering them. Some of the advice is sound, solid and pragmatic. Other suggestions are wrongly founded, based on half understood premises or just plain stupid. We review no fewer than 18 such myths, offer rational responses to them and explain the theory behind the answers. This will enable you to recognise an "urban legend" when you hear one, and how to deal with it confidently and unambiguously.
What you will learn
- Have a grasp of the core elements of theory that you need to understand pricing strategies
- Recognise the importance of segmentation, value and differentiation in making effective pricing decisions
- Be able to analyse wrong thinking in pricing and come up with better ideas
- Be able to contribute knowledgeably to management discussions on pricing and pricing strategies
- Find out about the behavioural implications of budgeting
Who should attend
Business leaders and senior managers, particularly accounting, marketing, sales and general management executives. Business analysts, product management and pricing analysts. Business unit managers and managers of subsidiaries to whom pricing decisions are devolved.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
View full event details
- Pillars of pricing
- Consequences of commoditisation
- Competitive differentiation
- Buyer types / demand curves
- Value propositions / value drivers
- Defining value and the importance of value
- Cost based pricing
- Customer-driven pricing
- Value-based pricing
Tel: 0330 060 3303