FRS 102/105 workshop for small and micro companies
Member price: £144.50 + VAT
Non-member price: £170 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Glasgow, 11 May 2018
Edinburgh, 26 October 2018
Aberdeen, 5 December 2018
UK GAAP changed fundamentally for small and micro-entities in 2016 when FRS 102 (including section 1A) and FRS 105 replaced FRSSE. This practical seminar covers all the common problem accounting and disclosure issues presented by the new standards and provides helpful tips on how to address them. Case studies and example accounts will be used throughout to bring the subject to life.
What you will learn
After attending this seminar, you will be able to:
- Advise your client on the most appropriate accounting standard to apply – FRS 102 or FRS 105;
- Prepare error-free FRS 102 and FRS 105 financial statements which include all relevant disclosures required by accounting standards and company law;
- Appreciate common issues when filing accounts under the new regime (including reasons for Companies House rejections) and how to address these; and
- Understand likely future changes to the small and micro company reporting regimes and why early adoption of these may be beneficial.
Who should attend
The seminar is targeted at qualified accountants working within industry and professional practice preparing accounts for small and micro companies.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
Our group of presenters have worked across both the private and public sectors within external audit, financial accounting, management accounting and internal audit. They have experience both working in these fields and delivering seminars in the areas of governance, risk, value for money and fraud to managers with a broad range of backgrounds (financial and non-financial).
View full event details
- The different standards and who they apply to – FRS 100, FRS 101, FRS 102, FRS 105
- Adjustments and disclosures, including important exemptions and exceptions
- Detailed insight to high impact areas
- What the primary statements look like under the new GAAP
- Overview of key areas to consider for tax
- Key changes to disclosure notes
Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow
Tel: 0330 060 3303