Pension Scheme Accounts following FRS 102 and SORP
Member price: £144.50 + VAT
Non-member price: £170.00 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Edinburgh, 5 July 2018
Glasgow, 28 November 2018
What you will learn
Pension scheme accounting has been subject to significant change following the introduction of FRS 102 and the revised Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) for financial periods commencing on or after 1 January 2015.
The course will consider the impact of the changes in pension scheme accounting and the experience gained to date on issues arising in complying with FRS 102 and the revised SORP.
In particular, the course will consider the fair value and disclosure of scheme investments.
Who should attend
The course will be relevant to all those involved in the preparation of accounts for pension schemes, including administrators, trustees, accountants and advisors. It will also assist those involved in the audit of pension scheme accounts and providing trustees with the required investment information.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
View full event details
- Background to FRS 102 and the revised SORP
- The form and content of pension scheme financial statements
- Determining the fair value of pension scheme investment assets
- Fair value hierarchy in valuing investments
- Disclosure of fair value determination
- Disclosure of investments and risks
- PRAG Practical Guidance on Investment Disclosures
- Annuity contracts
- AVC arrangements
- Pension protection fund
- Schemes in wind up
- Review of SORP illustrative format of financial statements
- Experience to date in compliance with the revised SORP
- Question and answer session on issues arising at present in pension scheme accounting
Tel: 0330 060 3303