Your One Stop Guide to Small Company Reporting
Member price: £136 + VAT
Non-member price: £160 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Inverness, 13 June 2017
Edinburgh, 14 June 2017
Aberdeen, 21 November 2017
Glasgow, 22 November 2017
The focus of this course is on practical issues affecting small companies. In particular, it looks at the transition from the Financial Reporting Standard for Smaller Entities (effective January 2015) to the revised version of FRS 102 (Section 1A) applicable to small companies for accounting periods commencing on or after 1 January 2016.
The course also considers the micro-entity option and the new standard FRS 105, issued July 2015.
What you will learn
- Practical tips on options available and how to take maximum advantage of exemptions
- Guidance on transition from the FRSSE to FRS 102 as amended for small companies.
- Guidance on a number of practical problem areas including presentation of financial statements and drafting of disclosure notes
Who should attend
This course is essential for those who are involved in the preparation and audit of small company financial statements.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
Mr Paul Gee
View full event details
- What is different? - review of key areas of change and impact on financial statements of small companies
- FRS 102, Section 1A, presentation and disclosure requirements
- Additional recommended disclosures
- Practical examples of illustrative financial statements and disclosure notes for full shareholder accounts, abridged accounts and filed accounts
- Key recognition and measurement areas, including:
- Investment properties
- Loans between connected persons
- Deferred tax
- Transition from FRSSE to FRS 102
- FRC Staff Education Notes
- The micro-entities option - FRS 105
Aberdeen, Glasgow, Inverness, Edinburgh
Tel: 0330 060 3303