One stop guide to small company reporting
Member price: £144.50 + VAT
Non-member price: £170 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Aberdeen, 11 September 2018
Glasgow, 6 November 2018
The focus of this course is on practical issues affecting small companies. In particular, it will cover FRS 102 (Section 1A) applicable to small companies and other relevant sections of FRS 102, and the micro-entity option under FRS 105. The course will review the amendments to FRS 102 which were published in December 2017 and their implications for small companies. It will be illustrated by pro forma financial statements and short examples.
What you will learn
- The impact of the December 2017 revisions on small company reporting
- Practical tips on options available and how to take maximum advantage of exemptions
- How to avoid common pitfalls
- Guidance on a number of practical problem areas and feedback from the Financial Reporting Council, the main accountancy bodies and other regulators
Who should attend
This course is essential for those who are involved in the preparation and audit of small company financial statements.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
Mr Paul Gee
View full event details
Topics to be covered will include:
- Presentation of financial statements
- Accounting policies, judgements and key sources of estimation uncertainty
- Drafting notes compliant with Section 1A
- Directors disclosures and related party transactions
- Loans to the company by director/shareholders and from persons within a director's group of close family members
- Filing filleted accounts
- Micro-entity accounts
- Financial instruments and financing transactions
- Investment properties
- Balance sheet statements
- Audit exemption
- FRC Staff Education Notes
Tel: 0330 060 3303