Your One Stop Guide to Small Company Reporting
Member price: £136 + VAT
Non-member price: £160 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Aberdeen, 21 November 2017
Glasgow, 22 November 2017
Inverness, 17 April 2018
Edinburgh, 13 June 2018
Aberdeen, 11 September 2018
Glasgow, 6 November 2018
Small companies now have to get to grips with a new financial reporting regime - FRS 102 Section 1A for Small Companies (mandatory for periods commencing on or after 1 January 2016) and FRS 105 for Micro-entities. These replace the Financial Reporting Standard for Smaller Entities (the FRSSE).
This course will take you through the steps to producing accounts compliant with Section 1A of FRS 102 and the revised small companies regime in the Companies Act 2006. The course will be illustrated by example financial statements and suggested wordings of notes and balance sheet statements. The course will also cover filing requirements and options, and pitfalls to be avoided.
What you will learn
- Practical tips on options available and how to take maximum advantage of exemptions
- Guidance on transition from the FRSSE to FRS 102 as amended for small companies.
- Guidance on a number of practical problem areas including presentation of financial statements and drafting of disclosure notes
Who should attend
This course is essential for those who are involved in the preparation and audit of small company financial statements.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
Mr Paul Gee
View full event details
- What is different? - review of key areas of change and impact on financial statements of small companies
- FRS 102, Section 1A, presentation and disclosure requirements
- Additional recommended disclosures
- Practical examples of illustrative financial statements and disclosure notes for full shareholder accounts, abridged accounts and filed accounts
- Key recognition and measurement areas, including:
- Investment properties
- Loans between connected persons
- Deferred tax
- Transition from FRSSE to FRS 102
- FRC Staff Education Notes
- The micro-entities option - FRS 105
Tel: 0330 060 3303