Preparing meaningful strategic reports
Member price in Scotland: £144.50 + VAT
Non-member price in Scotland: £170 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Member price in England: £263 + VAT
Non-member price in England: £310 + VAT
Please note, due to differences regarding external costs, courses outside of Scotland are priced separately.
ICAS members are eligible for a discounted price on all courses running in England & Wales
Glasgow, 12 September 2019
London, 24 September 2019
Manchester, 30 September 2019
Since its separation from the Directors’ Report in 2013, the focus on the information in the Strategic Report has steadily increased. This has been aided by significant amendments in 2016 and 2018, and by the enhancement of the auditors’ responsibilities in respect of the Strategic Report in 2016.
To help ensure that Strategic Reports achieve their objectives of providing meaningful information, the FRC issued detailed guidance on their preparation in 2014, and substantially updated the guidance in 2018 following the recent amendments.
This course examines the varying content requirements, and in the light of the FRC guidance considers how Strategic Reports can be prepared to give valuable information rather than simply being a “box-ticking” exercise.
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- determine the content requirement in the Strategic Report for your company
- understand the nature of the audit requirement and assess the impact on Strategic Report
- prepare a Strategic Report in accordance with the legal requirements and FRC guidance
Who should attend
This course will benefit those who are involved in the preparation of the annual reports of companies, and in particular the Strategic Report. It will cover the needs of delegates from both Public Interest Entities and other companies required to prepare a Strategic Report.
View full event details
- background to the Strategic Report
- the reporting requirement for different entities
- recent amendments arising from:
- the EU Non-financial reporting regulations
- the Companies (Miscellaneous Reporting Regulations) 2018
- the requirements of Section 172 Companies Act 2006 (duty to promote the success of the company) and their impact on the Strategic Report
- preparation principles
- guidance on preparation of information in a meaningful manner
- consideration of examples from published annual reports, both good and bad
Glasgow, London, Manchester
Tel: 0330 060 3303