New charity SORP - refresher and update
Member price: £114.75 + VAT
Non-member price: £135 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Glasgow, 29 June 2017
Edinburgh, 20 September 2017
Glasgow, 21 November 2017
Charity accounting will be subject to significant changes in 2015 when the new SORP is ushered in. This half day seminar will tell you all you need to know.
Exactly what changes in charity accounting as a result of the SORP and what you need to do to prepare.
The seminar is targeted at charity accountants and auditors – both those working within professional practice and those working within charities. A basic awareness of the fundamentals of charity accounting is assumed.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
Our group of presenters have worked across both the private and public sectors within external audit, financial accounting, management accounting and internal audit. They have experience both working in these fields and delivering seminars in the areas of governance, risk, value for money and fraud to managers with a broad range of backgrounds (financial and non-financial).
View full event details
- How the two new charity SORPs differ, and when and to who they apply
- What the primary statements will look like
- Key SOFA and balance sheet changes
- Common problem areas and how the SORP addresses them (eg income recognition, grant accounting)
- How disclosures will change under the new regime
- Key considerations for auditors
- What charities should do in preparation – a ten-point plan for charities
Tel: 0330 060 3303