New charity SORP - refresher and update
Member price: £114.75 + VAT
Non-member price: £135 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Glasgow, 21 November 2017
Charity accounting underwent significant changes when the new SORP came in. This half day seminar will tell you all you need to know and exactly what changes were made to charity accounting as a result.
The seminar is targeted at charity accountants and auditors – both those working within professional practice and those working within charities. A basic awareness of the fundamentals of charity accounting is assumed.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
Our group of presenters have worked across both the private and public sectors within external audit, financial accounting, management accounting and internal audit. They have experience both working in these fields and delivering seminars in the areas of governance, risk, value for money and fraud to managers with a broad range of backgrounds (financial and non-financial).
View full event details
- How the two new charity SORPs differ, and to who they apply
- What the primary statements look like
- Key SOFA and balance sheet changes
- Common problem areas and how the SORP addresses them (eg income recognition, grant accounting)
- How disclosures have changed under the new regime
- Key considerations for auditors
- What charities should do – a ten-point plan for charities
Tel: 0330 060 3303