Charity Financial Statements update
Member price: £144.50 + VAT
Non-member price: £170 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Edinburgh, 12 September 2019
Glasgow, 5 December 2019
Charity accountants and auditors face an ongoing challenge to keep abreast of changes to standards and regulations and to produce compliant financial statements and audit files efficiently.
What you will learn
This half day course reflects on common accounting issues, including recent changes to the Charities SORP, and highlights a range of other topical regulatory issues relevant to charities and their accounts. It also considers measures charity auditors and independent examiners can take to help ensure their work meets the required standards.
Who should attend
- Partners, managers and staff in firms that prepare charity financial statements or undertake charity audits and independent examinations
- Charity staff who have responsibility for finance and statutory reporting
Note: A similar course is available for those delegates based in England.
Charities SORP (FRS 102) – accounting and reporting by charities
Full speaker list
Our group of presenters have worked across both the private and public sectors within external audit, financial accounting, management accounting and internal audit. They have experience both working in these fields and delivering seminars in the areas of governance, risk, value for money and fraud to managers with a broad range of backgrounds (financial and non-financial).
View full event details
After attending the seminar, you will able to:
- Appreciate the key accounting and audit issues arising from the latest revisions to the SORP
- Consider likely future changes and the ongoing evolution of the Charities SORP
- Tackle challenges of accounting for charities and common problem areas
- Appreciate the important considerations for trading subsidiaries and other connected entities
- Understand the common deficiencies in charity audit files and how to avoid these
- Identify other regulatory issues affecting charities and the implications for charity advisors
Tel: 0330 060 3303