Leading strategic thinking course
Member price: £229.50 + VAT
Non-member price: £270 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Edinburgh, 6 December 2017
Strategic thinking is a process that defines the manner in which people think about, assess, view, and create the future for themselves and others.
Strategic thinking is an extremely effective and valuable tool. One can apply strategic thinking to arrive at decisions that can be related to work or personal life. It involves developing an entire set of critical skills. If you would like to know what the 11 top-most critical skills are, then this course is for you. It is an eye-opener!
The greatest and most successful organisations in the world, over many years and decades, would think ahead and encourage great strategic thinking at least somewhere in the business plans. However, n too many organisations today focus on the short-term measures of the current year or the next few year's output.
A sustainable future requires much more, no matter how big or small your business is. This course is designed for those who have experience of leading and managing others, and who want to develop their leadership style and sharpen their impact.
The content will apply to any industry sector that you are in.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
View full event details
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Have the ability to use the left (logical) and right (creative) sides of your brain. This skill takes practice as well as confidence and can be tremendously valuable
- Have the ability to develop a clearly defined and focused business and personal vision that has a strategic purpose
- Have the ability to clearly define your objectives and develop a strategic action plan with each objective broken down into tasks and each task having a list of needed resources and a specific timeline
- Have the ability to design flexibility into your plans by creating some benchmarks in your thinking to review progress. Then use those benchmarks as a guide and to recognise the opportunities to revise your plans as needed
- Have an innate ability to be proactive and anticipate change, rather than being reactive to changes after they occur
- Understand which optimum environment best suits you to lead your strategic thinking
- Experiment with and adapt a variety of tools and techniques
- Share ideas with other peers on the course
- Create your own action plan for the future
Tel: 0330 060 3303