Introduction to VAT for non-accountants
Member price: £127.50 + VAT
Non-member price: £150 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be refunded after checkout.
Future dates to be confirmed.
A straightforward and practical summary of how VAT works, showing non-accountants how to live with the tax.
Gain an awareness of the basic principles of VAT which will give confidence in managing it, and an understanding of how to minimise the cost and compliance burden, and maximise reclaims of
This course is intended for people in businesses, charities and voluntary bodies, local and national government organisations and so on, who would benefit from understanding how VAT impacts on their organisation and being aware of how manage their exposure to VAT.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
All of our presenters are experts in Business and Financial Management and have worked in the fields that they deliver courses on. All have experience in either the private or public sector, with some having worked in both sectors. Our key speakers have held senior positions in a range of organisation including the FTSE 100. The Programme Manager of this division has held leading roles in organisations such as Boots, Reed Elsevier and Sainsbury's.
View full event details
- The basics of Value Added Tax
- How and when an organisation needs to register for VAT
- What is meant by input tax, output tax, taxable supplies, tax invoices and other VAT terms
- Obtaining and retaining the benefit of zero rating and the reduced rate
- Maximising the deduction of input tax
- The effect of exemption and partial exemption
- How common situations are treated for VAT purposes
- How to complete a VAT Return and when and how VAT is payable
To be confirmed
Tel: 0330 060 3303