International VAT and Customs Duties appreciation - including Brexit issues
Member price: £144.50 + VAT
Non-member price: £170 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Glasgow, 24 April 2019
Aberdeen, 18 July 2019
Edinburgh, 6 November 2019
What you will learn
This course is designed to allow delegates to understand how VAT works when goods and services move across international boundaries.
Who should attend
This half-day course will be of benefit to accountants and other professionals who have to deal with, or advise on, VAT aspects of cross-border transactions. They will also benefit from an appreciation of Customs Duties and how they interact with VAT.
Note: A similar course is available for those delegates based in England.
International VAT and Customs Duties appreciation
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
Michael is a Cambridge Graduate who studied economics at King’s College Cambridge. He trained and qualified at Coopers & Lybrand – now PwC. He is a Chartered Tax Adviser, a Fellow of the CIOT and is a former President of the ATT. He is currently their co-chair of the Technical Steering Group. He regularly writes for taxation and accountancy magazines.
Michael is the Head of Tax at BPP Professional Development and lectures on a wide range of tax issues.
View full event details
- Movements of goods both in and out of the EU and within the EU, including triangulation and where VAT is accounted for
- Additional reporting responsibilities – EC Sales Lists and Intrastat reports
- Trading over the internet
- Movements of services both in and out of the EU and within the EU – the scope of the reverse charge for B2B services
- B2C services –the place of supply of e-services and the MOSS
- Customs duties – the scope and interaction with VAT
- Post-Brexit models for the UK
Glasgow, Aberdeen, Edinburgh
Tel: 0330 060 3303