Member price: £246.50 + VAT
Non-member price: £290 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be refunded after checkout.
Edinburgh, 4 November 2016
This course will ensure delegates understand how VAT operates in relation to international transactions in both goods and services, within and outside the European Union.
Gain an understanding of how VAT operates in the context of international transactions. Build confidence in dealing with VAT on international transactions. Discover the main areas of difficulty and how to deal with them.
This course is intended for accountants and other finance staff working in businesses and other organisations which make or receive cross-border supplies.
It is also intended for accountants in practice and other business advisers with clients involved in international transactions.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
All of our taxation presenters have worked in practice and often taking their experience to very senior roles within practice and industry. Within our specialist group of presenters we have individuals who have progressed to partner level because of their technical expertise. Between them our expert presenters can cover business, personal tax aspects, Vat. They also specialise in key areas to ensure that the training covers the areas that our clients want.
View full event details
- Accounting for VAT on international transactions
- An overview of the VAT systems in other countries in the EU and beyond
- Movements of goods within the EU, including special reliefs such as triangulation
- Imports and exports of goods
- The rules on making and receiving cross border supplies of services
- The operation of the reverse charge on goods and services
- Recovery of out-of–state VAT
- An overview of the tour operators margin scheme
- Recent and forthcoming developments in international VAT
Tel: 0330 060 3303