IFRS changes - what you need to know
Member price in Scotland: £144.50 + VAT
Non-member price in Scotland: £170 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be refunded after checkout.
Member price in England: £263 + VAT
Non-member price in England: £310 + VAT
Due to differences regarding external costs, courses outside of Scotland are priced separately. ICAS members are eligible for a discounted price on all courses running in England & Wales.
Edinburgh, 4 July 2019
Glasgow, 21 November 2019
London, 10 July 2019
London, 12 September 2019
Manchester, 30 September 2019
London, 25 November 2019
The last few years have seen the biggest changes in IFRS Standards since they became mandatory in the EU from 2005, with the introduction of IFRS 9 & 15 for periods commencing on/after 01/01/18 and IFRS 16 for periods commencing on/after 01/01/16.
IFRS 16 in particular remains a major practical hurdle to be jumped, but there are other IFRS changes which also need to be considered, such as IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts, a new definition of materiality, and various minor amendments.
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will:
- be aware of all recent and impending changes to IFRS Standards
- be able to appraise the degree to which they will have a significant impact on entities
- understand the key changes implemented
Who should attend
This course is designed to bring you up-to-date with the latest developments and proposals for changes in IFRS Standards, and is therefore suitable for delegates with some existing knowledge of IFRS. This half day course is designed for those who want a brief overview of the latest developments.
View full event details
- A review of all recent IFRS developments and their application dates
- The state of international convergence
- IFRS 16 Leases
- The revised definition of materiality
- A review of the practical impacts of IFRS 9 Financial Instruments and IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- IFRIC update
Edinburgh, London, Manchester, Glasgow
Tel: 0330 060 3303