ICAS Technical - Resources
ICAS Technical provides a range of products, resources and services that detail the key things any member or organisation needs to know from a technical perspective.
Training courses and specialist qualifications
Whether you're looking for a general technical update or something more specialised, the 2017 Training Course offering has got it covered. To help you meet your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements, ICAS offers over 200 face to face courses throughout Scotland, England and Wales and continues to offer around 80 on-line courses for all our global members.
- Training Courses in Scotland >
- Training Courses in England and Wales >
- Online learning and resources >
ICAS offers around 80 online courses for our UK and global members in partnership with BPP to support all our members in building their professional development to the next level.
Conferences, events and mandatory courses
ICAS holds a range of conferences, events and mandatory courses throughout the year for our members:
Keeping Audit on the Right Track courses
- Each ACP will be required to attend at least once in the three-year period from 1 January 2016 to 31 December 2018;
- Each RI will be required to attend at least once in the five-year period from 1 January 2016 to 31 December 2020;
- Newly approved RIs will be required to attend the course within 12 months of approval; and
- Previously inactive RIs (i.e. approved RIs who are not signing audit reports), who have recommenced the role, will be required to attend the course within 12 months of becoming active.
Practice Management course
Save the 2018 dates >
The ICAS Practice Support team are responsible for supporting practices. The range of services available to members are:
- The CA Practitioner Service
- The Practice Review Service
- The Practice Advisory Service
- The Technical Query Service
For a round up of news and issues that affect you and your practice visit our Practice Hub.
The ICAS Regulation team act in the public interest to promote and maintain the highest standards of practice and professional behaviour. They are responsible for discharging ICAS’ regulatory duties and responsibilities, many of which are statutory in their nature:
- Audit monitoring
- Insolvency monitoring
- Practice monitoring
- CPD monitoring
- Ethics helpline service
- Anti-Money laundering
- How to become an ICAS Insolvency Practitioner (IP)
- Partial authorisation
- Insolvency technical support
For more updates, insights and to stay ahead of the latest compliance standards and regulatory developments visit Regulation
Articles, guidance and publications
Below are some of the key articles, guidance documents and publications that we have available for our members and organisations:
Practice Support resources
- The General Practice Procedures Manual (GPPM)
- Procedures for Quality Audit (PQA)
- Accountants' Procedures for the Audit Exempt Company (APAEC)
- Accounts Preparation for the Unincorporated Business (APUB)
Regulatory support resources
Can't find what you are looking for? Visit Technical Resources to view the full hub of resources
Professional Development Online Resources Gateway
ICAS has created a gateway of global online professional development resources for our members that includes content, webinars, moocs and online courses.
Your Professional Development - Your Way
ICAS Technical is part of our Make Your Professional Development Count Programme, which also covers key areas of Leadership and Careers, each with a range of professional development opportunities and training courses. Take a look at the whole programme and you can easily ensure that you keep your technical knowledge up-to-date, as well having the opportunity to improve your professional skill-set. If you've got any questions simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help.