FRS 102 revisions, talking points and distributable profits
Member price in Scotland: £144.50 + VAT
Non-member price in Scotland: £170 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Member price in England: £263 + VAT
Non-member price in England: £310 + VAT
Please note, due to differences regarding external costs, courses outside of Scotland are priced separately. ICAS members are eligible for a discounted price on all courses running in England & Wales.
Glasgow, 1 July 2019
Edinburgh, 14 November 2019
Aberdeen, 12 December 2019
London, 12 June 2019
Manchester, 8 July 2019
London, 16 September 2019
London, 7 November 2019
The amendments to FRS 102 as a result of the First Triennial Review of FRS 102 are mandatory for accounting periods commencing on or after 1 January 2019, but early adoption is permitted. Due to the nature of FRS 102 there are further areas where appropriate accounting treatments are an ongoing subject for debate.
As a result of FRS 102 the guidance on distributable profits issued by the ICAEW and ICAS was revised by TR 02/17BL.
This course considers the changes to FRS 102, the areas of uncertainty, and the revised guidance on distributable profits.
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand and apply the FRS 102 changes relevant to your circumstances
- Produce acceptable accounting treatments and disclosures in the debatable areas; and
- Determine the implications of FRS 102 for distributable profits calculations
Who should attend
This course will benefit anyone who needs a succinct update on recent changes to FRS 102 and areas where the application of FRS 102 is causing ongoing problems.
View full event details
The First Triennial Review:
- Investment properties
- Basic and other financial instruments
- Loans to companies from owners
- Business combinations
- The cash flow statement
- Gift aid payments
- Financial institutions
- Rejected amendments
- Identifying distributions
- Impacts of FRS 102 on determination of distributable profits (including intra-group lending)
FRS 102 application problems
- Issues from FRS 102 Section 1A, including
- The content of financial statements
- The true and fair problem
- Disclosure of directors’ emoluments
- Accounting for non-financial investments (artworks, fine wine, etc)
- The fallback position when FRS 102 is silent
- Share based payments in private companies
London, Glasgow, Manchester, Edinburgh, Aberdeen
Tel: 0330 060 3303