How to Audit FRS 102 Financial Statements
Member price: £144.50 + VAT
Non-member price: £170 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be refunded after checkout.
Edinburgh, 24 April 2018
Glasgow, 19 September 2018
Edinburgh, 3 October 2018
Much has been written about the implications of FRS 102 for financial statements. This half-day seminar will focus on the key tips and traps which auditors must consider when auditing FRS 102 financial statements. The seminar will address the key technical and ethical issues presented by new UK GAAP, allowing auditors to deliver the best outcomes for them and their clients.
What you will learn
After attending the seminar, you will be able to:
- Understand the ethical issues arising when auditing FRS 102 accounts and how to address these;
- Tackle with confidence the misstatement risks and evidence-gathering issues that might be presented for the first time by the new regime;
- Use recent feedback from regulators and HMRC about where FRS 102 audits have gone wrong to improve your files; and
- Appreciate the specific issues which arise when auditing financial statements prepared under FRS 102 section 1A and FRS 105 – and how to tackle these.
Who should attend
Partners, managers and staff in audit firms who undertake statutory audits of financial statements prepared under FRS 102.
The attendee list for this event is exclusively available to CAs.
To connect with other CAs in your community attending this event sign into icas.com
Full speaker list
Our group of presenters have worked across both the private and public sectors within external audit, financial accounting, management accounting and internal audit. They have experience both working in these fields and delivering seminars in the areas of governance, risk, value for money and fraud to managers with a broad range of backgrounds (financial and non-financial).
View full event details
- Key ethical challenges – and how to address them
- Developing relevant FRS 102 expertise in your firm
- What auditors should expect of clients; and what clients should expect from auditors
- How to audit the transition date balance sheet
- Likely misstatement risks and how to address them
- Audit documentation – what has changed
- Materiality under FRS 102
- 'Undue cost and effort' under FRS 102 – what it means for companies and auditors alike
Tel: 0330 060 3303